Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sinsabor - Edgardo Donato/Lita Morales y Horacio Lagos

I was looking for the lyrics of this song, but I didn't find any, so I figured I'd listen to the song and write it down. May not be completely accurate due to the poor quality of the file I have.

Llevando mi pesar como una maldición
Sin rumbo fuí buscando de olvidar
el fuego de ese amor que te imploré
Y allá en la soledad del desamparo cruel
tratando de olvidar te recordé
con la ansiedad febril del día que te dí todo mi ser
y al ver la realidad de toda tu crueldad
yo maldecí la luz de tu mirar
en que me encandilé llevando mi ansiedad de amar

Besos impregnados de amargura
tuve de tu boca en su frialdad
tu alma no sintió mi fiel ternura
y me brindó con su rigor maldad
quiero disipar toda mi pena
busco de calmar mi sinsabor
siento inaguantable esa cadena que me ceñía al implorar tu amor

Edit: 6 months later, I realized I had forgotten to translate it
Displeasure
Carrying my sorrow like a curse
I wandered aimlessly seeking to forget
the fire of that love that I implored
And in the loneliness of cruel neglect
while trying to forget I remembered you
with the feverish anxiety of the day I gave you all my being
and when I saw the truth of all your cruelty
I cursed the light of your gaze
in which I was dazzled, carrying my anxiety to love.

Kisses impregnated with bitterness
I had of your mouth in its coldness
your soul did not feel my faithful tenderness
and brought me harsh evil
I want to dissipate all of my sorrows
I seek to calm my displeasures
I cannot bear this chain that clung to me as I implored for your love

7 comments:

  1. Can you transcribe the lyrics to "Chau Pinela" Di Sarli/Fama too ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I have a lot of trouble with "Colibriyo". I have done most of it but can't deal if a few parts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias por transcribir este tango! ¿Sabrías quién lo compuso o quién escribió la letra? Me gustaría poner una traducción en mi blog pero no sin saber (jaja, casi un pun) el nombre del autor.
    Abrazos,
    Derrick Del Pilar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derrick, as far as I can tell, the lyrics were written by Adolfo Vedani

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, Derrick. No habia visto tu comentario hasta ahora. Gracias por visitarnos!
    Tambien se me habia olvidado por completo traducir esta cancion. Propongo que la traduzcamos independientemente y asi comparamos. Recuerdo que tuvimos una pequena diferencia de traduccion para la cancion "Nada".
    A ver si esta vez nos ponemos de acuerdo.
    Perdona la falta de acentos, estoy en una computadora sin teclado en espanol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola, soy argentino y buscando la letra de este tango caí acá. Muy bien transcripta la letra.
    Saludos,
    Pablo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Derrick, just a note: the source I read said the music was written by Ascanio Donato, Edgardo's brother and a composer. And the lyrics were by César Vedani.

    My real question was on the title, which you translate as "Displeasure". Wouldn't either "Sorrow" or "Troubles" be better in this context?

    Thanks for the trascription.

    ReplyDelete